Skyway’s Time Zone™ framework guides students to understand the buying process, from the buyer’s point of view. These time zones apply to every acquisition, large and small, and every acquisition strategy (from sole source to competitive to IDIQ).
Acquisition Time Zones™
This course outlines a simple and effective framework of the Government’s acquisition process so that sellers understand what is happening with each of the 3 Decider groups throughout the acquisition process.
The GAS Gauge
This course provides a process to engage the government customer in each of the 3 Decider groups from their point of view, and during the Acquisition Time Zones they actually care about.
The GovCon Cube
This course provides a simple framework to understand the critical elements of an executable contract. Students learn who provides input for each elements (which Deciders) and when decision for each element is made (which Time Zone). By understanding this framework, sellers can more quickly identify capture and information gaps…and understand the implication of those gaps.
Execution Time Zones™
This course outlines the second half of the Time Zones…those AFTER contract award. From initial kick off through contract completion, this course describes the critical players and activities that ensure effective contract performance.
How to Take Advantage of Fall out Money
At the end of the Government’s fiscal year there are lots of opportunities for funds to be used differently then they have been planned previously in the year. When those funds become available for different things they are called Fall Out Money. This course helps you understand how Fall Out Money happens and how you can help it fall onto your contract.
Using the Bona Fide Need Rule to Your Advantage
Government funds are appropriated by congress for specific purposed and can only be used by Contracting Officer under specific rules. When we understand these rules we are more capable of capitalizing on opportunities within the rules. The Contracting Officer authority is limited by the Bona Fide Need Rule. Without an understanding of the Bona Fide Need Rule you risk the Contracting Officer being unable to award you a contract.
Get a baseline of government contracting from buyer’s point of view in order to
- Have meaningful and effective conversations with your government customer
- Influence earlier in the RFP process
- Better influence the government’s acquisition strategy to match your preferred approach
- Decrease competition and increase proposal win rate
- Understand why government chooses a particular acquisition path and how you can influence that choice
- Understand why and how contracting officers use the competition, even when limiting competition
- Identify and communicate acquisition strategies that maximize your strengths
Understand the Time Zones™ in order to
- Understand the government’s buying process
- Increase your ability to impact timeline to more accurately forecast opportunities
- More effectively communicate with the buyer to improve their receptivity
- Increase responsiveness from outbound leads by understanding buyers’ point of view
- Add contextual understanding of why government goes dark during specific times
Learn the roles of the 3 Deciders and what each cares about in order to
- Know which Decider to talk to at which point in the acquisition process
- Shape the sale to meet the needs of all three Decider Groups
- Effectively move each Decider through the sales process
- Reduce the length of a sales cycle